My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

12 November 2006

Needs to get better, NOW

K, yesterday was marked by the disappearance of my bike saddle and bar while I was shopping at Leclerc. Yup, came out with groceries to find half a bike. Merde. Went in and told security, they were like, wow that sucks, we can't do much for you. So I go and buy a seat and bar in Leclerc, but the bar ends up not fitting. So I pedal home standing.

Shannon and her friend Pamela got here in the evening from Aix-en-Provence...walked back to the house and played Kings before heading to bed.

This morning, I ran out to get waffle-making ingredients. They turned out pretty good, but will have to finagle the recipe a bit, they had too much flour. Afterwards, Shannon, Pamela, and I went into town, wandered, and found out how they could get to Chambord. They left for the chateau, and several of us assistants went with Steve and a professor from his lycée to mark the path of a hike that's going on tomorrow. 12ish kilometers later, we were tired and wet, and the bus was coming so late that we just decided to walk the 45ish minutes back to our place. Picked up Shannon and Pamela on the way, got kebabs for dinner, and then sat in a dazed state for about an hour. Got a hot bath, then headed out to Singe Vert for drinks. On the way, we met two professors from Steve's lycée, who came with us, so we had quite a turnout. Ended up going back to one of the prof's houses for drinks.

I'll be very ready for things to settle down a bit. I don't quite know how to make things settle down...can't prevent people from stealing my bike seat short of carrying my seat with me...money just won't get easier until I get paid. Living situation needs to get easier, as well. I'm also beginning to think about May and what I'm going to be doing when I get back home. I've got education grad school applications either done or almost done, but I am still open to other ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home