My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

29 October 2006

Be back later


Tomorrow I'm leaving for Ile d'Yeu til Sunday...off the coast of Brittany, about 30 minutes by boat. The professor I'm going with, Françoise, and her friend Claire...we're all leaving around noon to drive to the ferry. Drive should take about 3 hours. Tea at a friend's house, then off to catch the evening ferry. They run two per day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

Once there, it's biking or walking...no cars on the island. There looks to be quite a bit of hiking, too. Billiard hall, yay. I'm bringing books, knitting, cards... Horseback riding, if it's not too expensive. Sailing too! Wish I'd paid more attention during yacht club in Scarborough...

Anyways, today was again quiet. Swept out the house, didn't hurt the cat, ate more soup, chatted online, potzed around in general. Got desperate for human contact in the afternoon and wandered into town on a Sunday...a truly desperate measure, as Sundays are dead here. Stopped at the bank to stock up for the week, wandered down an unknown street that took me up behind the chateau. Back into town, was ready to trek back when I ran into Allen, another American assistant. He'd found the one open boulangerie, so I followed his lead and bought some bread while I could. We wandered around town a little more, got some coffee. Parted ways, I headed back home to eat more soup with my bread. Talked to Dad and Lauren on the phone, yay! Packed for the trip, and now it's just knitting and reading and Jack Johnson until that coffee wears off. Dang French espressos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home