My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

29 October 2006

On me own

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Got up late today feeling like potato leek soup, so headed out to grab the bike from the garage and head up to Leclerc. Well, the cat followed me out, so I pushed her back in, but noooo someone had to be stubborn and keep trying to run…she ended up getting pinned down by the garage door! So I sprint around the house, have to fiddle with keys to unlock the front door, run through the house, out to the garden, and wham hit the button to bring up the door. Aaah it was horrible. She was definitely in pain and I thought she’d broken her back the way she was writhing. I ran up to the office to see if M. Bride was in, but of course not. Why would I think that. So back I go, and the cat is moving fairly well, walking to the back of the garage. I figure she’s on the mend, probably needs some time to just get over the trauma…and I’m not gonna be able to get her to a vet on my bike in any case. So I just go to Leclerc, get the soup stuff, and trundle my way back. She’s out sunning herself in the garden when I walk in the door, moving around fine.

French mail might be amazing. I ordered two sets of train tickets on Thursday, one set came Friday, one came today. Speedy little whippersnappers. Also got mom’s package of hot cocoa, tea, ziplock bags (maybe I didn’t look hard enough, but I can’t find any here), and a memory card for my camera. Aaw mom.

Soup turned out well…too bad I’m the only one here to eat it. Lunch and dinner for tomorrow, I guess.

OK, the internet went down. WTF France Telecom. This is not making my girl-night-in any easier.

Had to buy cream for the soup, am contemplating a hot cocoa with cream added to the milk for dessert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home