My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

15 October 2006

Fun day

Slept in a bit, not as much as I should have, considering bed didn't happen til around 5. Way too excited about internet for my own good.

Chatted with Mom, Dad, and Lauren today...amazing. After a lazy start and breakfast of pain au chocolat and hot cocoa, finally got into town to have a leisurely look around. Two of my students came over while I was browsing through the street book vendor stands and said hello. How darn cute. Walked past the chateau, where there was a huge huge line. Turns out Blois is this huge center of culture during this time of the year...lots of lectures, films, etc. So we picked up a schedule and went to the Conseil Général for a lecture on the representation of WWI in films--talked about Un long dimanche de fiançailles. Then Rose, Mehdi, and I went out and ate very well at an Indian restaurant...was delicious.

There's a book fair tomorrow in town, yay! We've also invited neighbors and assistants to a traditional English breakfast. Lesson planning also a necessity tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home