My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

27 October 2006

Toussaint starts...

The other night, we were walking home from a few games of pool at the Loch Ness, when we saw two girls haphazardly pushing a baby pram…it was out of control and finally just flipped over. Luckily, there was no baby in it. But still…the question remains, what were two girls doing pushing an empty pram around at one in the morning??

Today I bought yarn at a store in centre-ville; the lady in the store was nice but kinda clingy, like yarn store owners sometimes are. She just kinda hovered over me as I examined her yarn stock, and it was a bit unnerving…I figure she just wanted to help me in my selection, but at the same time, I’m thinking, “Does she think I’m going to snatch a skein and run for it?” Anyways, I settled for a cream sportweight wool/acrylic blend…washable yet soft…and have an aran blanket started. Will be a good thing to bring to Ile d’Yeu.

Rose, Steve, and Mehdi all set out for Spain this morning, and made it to Tours where they discovered the dangers of not booking a train south for the first day of Toussaint holiday. Not one train seat available. So, after some investigation and disappointment in the realm of car rentals, they returned home, much to the selfishly-guilty delight of me and my growing blanket. A good night of fajitas, beer, and cards ensued (Steve and I introduced the non-Midwesterners to the joys of euchre, as well as Kings).

They’re leaving for Spain late tomorrow, taking a midnight train (the first available). So that means lawn bowling tomorrow in the park, if we can manage to find a lawn bowling set. I’d personally like to see some ultimate frisbee take place, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home