My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

22 February 2007

Winding down

This week is finally almost over...funny how, now it's over, it has seemed to fly by. Yesterday, Alan and I went to the other side of the river...visited one of the quietest churches I think I've ever been in. My hair hitting my jacket was the equivalent of a bomb dropping. According to an inscription on the wall, Jeanne d'Arc came there to pray.

The classes have been going well today. I had my first group for only twenty minutes; I then had to take them to a panel of speakers on homosexuality. It's been almost 10 years since I was in a sex ed class...I don't remember even addressing the issue of sexual orientation. Here, there were three speakers--all homosexual--who presented themselves to the class and explained they were here to answer questions. They showed a video of a similar presentation to an American classroom, where kids asked all sorts of questions...I think this was basically to give the students examples of questions they might ask. They handed out sheets of paper for kids to write questions on, but up until I left, they were still asking questions orally.

The parents are going to be here in 18 hours!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home