My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

14 January 2007

Getting some green space

Well I took that walk yesterday, found that the chateau de Menars was a mere 9 km up the river. Rather ambitiously decided to walk it, which turned out to be great. I found a path that ran up the river right to the gates of the chateau. The walk up was flat the whole way, varied between fields and forested areas. Got to the chateau, which was closed as I suspected...it's no longer open to the public and serves as some sort of private school. Took a look around--as best as I could over the walls--then started back. Roundtrip took about 4.5 hours, not bad for 18 kms.

Today was spent lesson planning, with occasional interruptions for wandering through town or general potzing around. It was gorgeous today, blue skies and sunny, mild enough to just wear a long-sleeve semi-heavy shirt. Tomorrow starts the new semester, and with that comes a slightly different schedule for me, which involves starting at 8am, so this would be me going to bed early. 11:09pm. Almost early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home