My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

10 January 2007

Back in the groove

I know I've only been back two days and thus shouldn't judge too hastily, but I feel quite a bit better back at school this week. Maybe it's that we're all rested from break; maybe it's that I finally picked up an English grammar book and now understand the rules that will help them learn the language; maybe it's just me getting used to the situation. In any case, both Monday and today felt like successes in the classroom.

This morning, I finally got myself down to Blois Accueil, where they offer French language courses. Alan and I went, took the 1.5 hour conversation course. Meets every Tuesday morning. There are people from all over: Venezuela, US, the UK, Portugal, Thailand, Japan... People's situations are different, too: some are married to a French spouse and have recently moved here to live; others took their retirement in France; others are studying here. In any case, this class is serving a double purpose for me: yea, learn French. But also, observe someone teaching their own language. I'm hoping to pick up some methods to keep this semester on a good path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home