My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

22 December 2006

Bits and bobs

Forgot some important parts of the week during the final rush of classes and outings. The Christmas lunch at school was worth noting: raw sea scallops, quail, chevre-stuffed baked potatoes, and asparagus wrapped in bacon were the highlights. Demonstrations continued throughout the week, so my class sizes were very unpredictable.

Today being Friday, I officially started my break with a good cleaning out of the fridge. The number of cheese bits we had in there was astounding. The housemates have all partir-ed; it's a good thing Natalie is getting here tomorrow because I'd go insane. Steve is moving in, too...well, moving from the couch to an actual room. So with any luck this place will still be lively!

Alan and I met up today for a Christmas lunch at the creperie...o it was good. Stopped by Teresa's place to chat. Then on to the bank to sort out this IBAN business...trying to pay a credit card bill from overseas is like a big administrative obstacle course.

OOOO and I received my CAF payment!! AND got paid for December. It *think* I'm getting 75E a month, which is half of what the others are getting (???). Whatever, it's good to finally see some results from all that paperwork. Between CAF and tutoring, things should become comfortable around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home