My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

07 January 2007

Last weekend of break

Saturday, I went to the market to try my hand at buying fish from the poissonnerie...ended up with three whole dorade, a kind of fish we'd eaten on Ile d'Yeu. It rained on the way back...really really fun on a bike. It was a fairly calm afternoon, involving things like euchre, knitting, and reading. We did make chocolate mousse, which is no small feat. I have a new appreciation for kitchen appliances; beating egg whites into stiff peaks by hand was a three-person job. But we did it, we could turn the bowl upside-down and nothing moved. We had ham/cheese/egg crepes for lunch, then dorade and potatoes for dinner. Chocolate mousse for dessert, followed by more euchre.

Today--Sunday--the château in Blois is open for free. We're heading down shortly. I'm making a New Year's resolution to do more things that involve me listening to/speaking French. Love being around all the Americans and Brits here, but I'm just not improving my French as much as I'd hoped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home