My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

07 December 2006

Orientation day

Wednesday was our second orientation day in Orleans...went over general administrative concerns (I'm feeling significantly luckier than some of these assistants...people paying 450E in rent or people that hadn't been paid until November 22). We presented lesson plans that had worked for us in class, which was nice to see what other people were doing, and to realize that my classes maybe aren't that bad. I mean, most of the time they do look at me like I'm slightly crazy, but I feel like the better part of them make some effort to understand me. After a free lunch, we went over some documents that they had brought, brainstorming in groups how we could use them in a classroom. A worthwhile activity, I hope...should inspire some new and different lesson plans.

Stopped to look for a coat on the way back, but no luck. Everything is either bizarre-looking or out of my measly price range. Someday I need to take the time to actually look around Orleans a bit, not to go to Tours. I hear the second is actually the nicer of the two. Anyways, got back to Blois and set about making hamburgers, potatoes, and salad for dinner, followed by a good evening of cards.

Aaand now it's just a matter of getting through Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home