My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

10 December 2006

Weekend

Sunday, December 10, 2006

I love Sundays: eating, laundry, and petanque. Internet is up and running again, yay! We've been watching multiple episodes of "Allo Allo," this crazy old British sitcom about a French cafe owner who works with the Resistance, but also has to keep his balance with his Nazi customers. Alan and I played petanque; I'm still in the process of perfecting my skills. I'm also thinkin that a frisbee is a necessity for Sunday activities...before it gets too cold.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Internet is on the blink…that’s what ya get for trying to fix things around here. Phone wasn’t working, so I reset the system…the phone works now, but no internet. C’est la vie. But this does mean that I got a lot of knitting done today. Susan and I made crepes for breakfast, need to perfect the batter…it was a bit heavy. I went down to see what the market had to offer today…stopped by the Christmas tree stall to inquire: 20E for a small tree, and they’ll deliver. It’s either that or drag a 13E one back from Leclerc. After that, I stopped by the book stall to browse and was grabbed by a very friendly, persistant woman who was selling pastries. You know it’s not gonna be good when they physically take your arm and half-drag you to their stall. Ah well, I was in a don’t-mind mood, so I asked for explanations of all the pastries, and finally handed over 2E for two of em, score!

Went with Catherine and Susan to Anna’s for dinner tonight (professor that Catherine works with). Her house is amazing; it’s from the 13th century and used to house monks. The remaining walls are made of gorgeous old stones, and the rest has been reconstructed in white plaster. Wooden beams in the ceiling, and a real fireplace that smelled amazing. It’s times like that—when you’re sitting in a place like that around a huge table with half a dozen French people, eating and drinking like kings, talking politics or music—that it hits you, how did I get this lucky?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home