My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

18 July 2006

Complications...

O my. So the whole life plan of: go to France, teach, come back from France, complete the 11-month Masters in Teaching program at Kent, get a teaching job, and live happily ever after...

I had a transcript evaluation up at Kent the other day, and I'm missing a course. Or five. I can take two by exam, and they'll let me take two during the program. But that leaves one upper-level literature or culture course that's giving me a headache.

Ideas so far:
1) Summer class--no luck, programs are over or not letting me in
2) Online course--nothing upper-level here
3) Take a course in France--so far, the people I've emailed tell me it'd be difficult to live in Blois and take classes in Tours: it's an hour commute by train. But I may still try it once I get there. I'm signing up for one course, not a full load, and I only teach 12 hours in the school.
4) Get internship credit for assistantship--ideal. I could create a portfolio...a cultural study of the French educational system...a journal of my daily teaching experiences, lesson plans, observed similarities and differences between French and American teaching and learning styles... Nobody's told me "no" yet. But then again, I haven't heard back yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home